Our obsession with the Legendary Foods Wasabi Soy Macadamia nuts has resulted in this delicious, out of the box dish. We have never used nuts to crust a meat prior to making this macadamia crusted tuna, and now we don’t think we’ll do it any other way! The combination of the delicious, yet mild flavored tuna and intense wasabi soy macadamia nuts lends itself perfectly to searing on the stove top. You end up with a crunchy, salty exterior and a perfectly cooked medium rare center. Start your night off with this savory recipe and end it on a sweet note by spooning our favorite nut butter, Legendary Foods Pecan Pie Almond Butter, into your mouth!
Use our coupon code Ketoconnect to get a discount on your next order! We highly recommend the Wasabi Soy Macadamia Nuts and the lowest carb nut butters, which are the Pecan Pie Almond Butter, Peanut Butter Cup and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip!
Wasabi Soy Macadamia Crusted Tuna
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Yield: 2 servings | Calories: 312
Fat: 23.6g | Protein: 30.3g | Carbs: 2.5g | Fiber: 1.25g | Net Carbs: 1.25g
**Not all the ground nuts and oil were used in the cooking process. The nutrition only reflects what was used, not the entire amount.
- 1 - 6 ounce Tuna Steak
- 2 ounces Legendary Foods Wasabi Soy Macadamia Nuts
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp ghee or coconut oil (for frying)
- 1 large egg
- Add the macadamia nuts, salt, garlic powder and pepper to a food processor and pulse until you achieve a ground consistency, about 15-20 seconds.
- Pour the ground macadamia nuts onto a small plate and set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan to medium-high heat and add the ghee/coconut oil.
- While the pan is heating, crack an egg into a shallow bowl and whisk to combine. Pat the tuna dry with paper towels and drench it in the egg wash. Transfer the tuna from the egg wash directly to the plate with ground macadamia nuts, and coat thoroughly.
- Note: you will want to press the nuts into the steak using your hand on both sides, flipping gently so the nuts don’t fall off. You will not use all the ground nuts.
- Once the steak is coated, add it to the hot pan and allow it to sear for 2-3 minutes. Gently flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes for medium rare.
- Rest the tuna on a cutting board for 5 minutes prior to slicing and serving.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds, if desired, and enjoy!