Chocolate covered nuts are a timeless snack that provides both sweet and salty flavors. The only thing missing is the spice. So get your fix of sweet and spicy chocolate dipped almonds
- 2 cups (16 oz) Buffalo Blue Seasoned Almonds
- 8 oz of your favorite sugar-free chocolate
- Using a medium-sized sauce over low heat, melt your chocolate, stirring until fully melted. To avoid seizing and burning, keep water away from melting chocolate.
- If you are using a microwave your sugar-free chocolate, place it in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments until melted, stirring in between.
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir your buffalo seasoned almonds into the sugar-free chocolate and toss until they are fully coated in chocolate.
- Using a straining spoon, remove the chocolate covered almonds from the bowl of chocolate, and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- For chocolate covered nut clusters, drop clumps of chocolate covered almonds onto the paper, and drizzle the excess chocolate on top using a spoon.
- Leave the nuts out to allow the chocolate to set, then store in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat.
Benefits of Chocolate Covered Nuts as Snacks
It’s no secret that nut snacks are healthier than potato chips or candy bars. The benefits of nuts range from decreased risk of both heart disease and heart attacks, lower body fat, inflammation and blood pressure. By making your own sugar-free chocolate covered almonds, you can have a snack that is both delicious and nutritious!