Via Candy Beauchamp
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 oz of Buffalo Blue Wing Seasoned Almonds
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup of stone ground wheat flour
- Cooking spray
- Food processor
- Preheat the oven to 400oF. Use the cooking spray to line a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Add Buffalo Blue Wing Almonds to the food process and continually plus until finely ground.
- In a small bowl, combine ground almonds and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk water and egg whites until completely blended.
- Use a third bowl for whole wheat flour.
- Cut chicken breasts into halves or strips
- Set up an assembly line for ingredients starting with the flour.
- Dip chicken breast into the whole wheat flour, covering it completely. Lightly shake to remove excess flour.
- Dip the same piece of chicken into the egg mixture, coating completely.
- Remove from egg mixture and coat with seasoned almonds and place on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 10-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken. Flip and cook for additional 10-20 minutes.
- Optional - Broil chicken for 1 to 2 minutes on each side for a crispier shell.
- Optional - flash fry in coconut oil for a crispier shell. Not combined with step #12.
Benefits of Almond Crusted Chicken
when you’re in the mood for “fried food”, try using seasoned almonds instead of breadcrumbs. Almonds add a good source of protein, fiber, vitamin E, and healthy fats to your meal. They’re also significantly lower in carbs than breadcrumbs, helping you stay on track with living a healthy lifestyle, while keeping you fuller longer and curbing your cravings.